I get a lot of requests asking which brown people should use but it really comes down to what kind of effect you want to achieve with your shoes. A fantastic benefit of the Saphir Pommadiers is their ability to add colour and depth without changing the natural colour of the shoe. Thin coats of the polish allow you to control the coverage and achieve a perfect finish.
The simplest option is neutral which will renew your leather and bring out the natural colour. Otherwise, we offer the Saphir Colour Chart and will happily order any colour from the Crème Surfine range.
The following are our list of browns (in order of darkness) and their colour tones:
- Light Brown #03 - light, neutral brown, subtle hints of yellow/orange.
- Cognac #10 - light to medium brown, hints of butter/chestnut.
- Medium Brown #37 - a true medium brown, very neutral, bark tones.
- Havana #34 - medium brown, hints of bark/tobacco. No butter or yellow/orange tones.
- Dark Brown #05 - very strong dark brown, hints of motor oil/black.
- Parisian Brown #910 - a medium brown, with red-brown/burgundy tones.